Change mobile phone number
This document is intended to provide a non-technical audience with an understanding of the Change Mobile Number element in the end-user journey. Note: For illustrative purposes the Canvas app has been used to demonstrate the end-user functionality of the SDK.
About the Change Mobile Number end-user journey
Change of mobile number made through the mobile app requires SCA.
The Change Mobile Number workflow
The Change Mobile Number end-user journey
Step 1 – SCA applied at login
The customer opens the app and logs in using 2FA SCA.
Step 2 – Navigate to the My Profile screen
In the landing screen, select the ‘hamburger’ menu icon in the top right-hand corner and select My Profile from the menu options.
Step 3 – Select Edit Mobile Number
In the My Profile screen, select Edit Mobile Number by pressing the Pencil icon to add the new mobile number details.
- Change the mobile number by selecting the existing number and using the keyboard
- Change the country code by selecting the existing country code and choosing the new code from the Select country code screen
Step 4 – Confirm mobile number changes
Click on the tick icon to confirm the changes.
Step 5 – SCA required
The customer is required to perform SCA to verify the changes to the mobile number.
- Success – continue to Step 8 – Success – updated My Profile screen displayed.
- Fail – continue to Step 6 – Retry SCA factor.
Step 6 – Retry SCA factor
The customer has two options: reattempt SCA again or attempt again using other authentication with the following outcomes:
- Success – continue to Step 8 - Success – updated My Profile screen displayed.
- Fail (maximum attempts exceeded will result in an Account Access Block) – continue to Step 7 – Account Access Blocked.
- Other authentication – The customer is presented with alternative SCA action to complete the change – continue to Step 8 – Success – Updated My Profile screen displayed.
Step 7 – Account Access Blocked
After exceeding the maximum number of SCA attempts, the customer is directed to the Account Access Blocked error screen – instructing them to ring customer services.
Note: Account access block means restricted access to the app – all other functionality, for example, ATM card and POS transactions are still available.
Step 8 – Success – updated My Profile screen displayed
The SCA has been successfully applied and the customer has completed the change mobile number journey – returning them to the updated My Profile screen containing the new details.