SCA – Introduction
SCA is a requirement of the European Payment Services Directive (PSD2) to reduce fraud, by asking customers for additional verification when ‘online’. Typically, this means when a customer::
- Accesses their account online
- Makes online payments/transfers or uses the card online
- Performs any other action which may create a risk of payment fraud
The Contis-developed solutions for achieving SCA compliance are detailed in the following pages.
- A multi-authentication solution – using a Contis-designed SDK – suitable for clients offering customers access to their account via app. This solution offers a variety of authentication capabilities including ‘tap on the app’, biometrics and OTP.
- A single-authentication solution – using Contis APIs – suitable for clients offering customers access to their account via portal only. This solution offers OTP authentication capability only.
Contis will offer support to clients in their implementation of the SCA solutions. Please contact your Contis Project Manager, Account Manager or API Support for further information.